I'll Be There For You When You Need Me

Monday, December 13, 2004

12th December

Today's a Sunday! Which means it's a no work day. This morning we had a short facilitation session with the NUS Archaway - that's what they called themselves, they're frm the NUS Architecture Faculty with some HCJC students. A bunch of snobs! During the session, it seems that facilitators frm both teams were trying to "show-off" each other team's progress but apparently our team looked good ma! They're a bunch of spoilt brats who chose to reach the Yafu Village by the elephant than walking up the 3 click of hilly terrain.

After the session, we broke off for R&R but damn! we couldn't bathe coz the water supply was low so I couldn't wash my hair. Eventually, Evan & I went to XY's house & I fell asleep for only half-an-hour, then Yanwei came & we played 'Bridge'.

Soon, we had to meet at the 'Long-House' for our facilitation session where the rest of the grp shared their 'life-story'. Maresa's story made me breakdown, & also made me realise how fortunate I am. However, I also learnt frm her how to be strong & knows that all she needs is true concern & not sympathy.

After our facilitation session, we went up the hill to watch the sunset. We reached the Japanese hut which the Japanese YEP team, GOOD, built. The view was breathtaking! I saw how beautiful God's creation is & really want to share this sight & experience with my loved ones. No words can describe how beautiful this place is.

Soon we got down the hill as it was getting dark. We reached home for dinner with our host. After dinner, Evan & I went to change into our sleeping gear, & that's when she asked if there was anything wrong between us, if I was angry with her. That's when our long talk started but this talk really helped in the sense that we understood each other more & where both of us (our intentions) are coming frm. The phrase "相处容易,同住难" is really so appropriate man! But this talking session definitely brought us closer. Oh man! She also understands why until now I'm still single & why no one approach me coz she said that when I first meet someone, I dun give them a warm feeling. Haiz! People low EQ ma...jialat! I think I can forget abt finding a bf liao.

Anywayz...that's not the main issue. I feel that we shld treasure the ones ard us, be it friends or family, & treat them as if you're living each day as the last day of your life. You never know when they're gonna leave you, vice versa. Treasure every minute & every second of your life coz every little thing that you do matters to someone & also the little things that someone does for you matters to you too.

Knowing today's a Sunday, means I missed one week of bball playing with the Serangoon people, especially you. Hope you're not bored coz I think you family shld be back frm the holidays. Oh yah! Happy 20th Birthday Runli. Hope you had fun!

The greatest distance between us is eventhough we're sitting right beside each other, you never know how much I love you! (Juz an expression for what I'm feeling now, dun think too much)

P.S. Today's cow dragging incident was horrendous to watch & there's nothing I could do except to stand there & cry. It's very sad to see....

Thought of The Day:

Be a MASTER of your petty annoyances and conserve your energies for the big, worthwhile things. It isn't the mountain ahead that wears you out - it's the grain of sand in you shoe.

Robert Service

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home